Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The End is Near

Well the end is near!
I am almost finished with ten weeks at the cafe. Well... more than that.
In full days I have been there for ten weeks, but in weeks I have been there for three months!
I keep telling every one I'll be leaving soon and they don't really care for it.
Today I found out another one of the guys who has been doing really well, isn't actually doing very well. That only leaves one guy left.
That is pretty discouraging. We already lost one.
I just saw Larent the other day and visited him while he was working! He just recently got a job on the weekends advertising for a grocery store that is going out of business. I guess he used the money to buy alcohol which quite frankly... SUCKS. He didn't even come to the cafe yesterday because he was " in no condition to come in ".
I hope in this case, the people at the cafe can continue to love him and help restore him back to good health. There is so much shame involved in the homeless life style and I hope no one brings any more shame to Larent.
On the other hand another lady Debbie is doing really amazing.
I think my parents are going to take her to church on Sunday!
It will be strange not going to the cafe any more.
I will miss it!

No comments: