Monday, July 21, 2008

Norm

Norm. Animaited. He can only hear out of one ear.
He rides a bike every where. He plays the piano at a church on Sunday.
Whenever I see him he is wearing bermuda shorts with a man-tank top.
His best friend just went missing and he has lost all the family he ever had.
It's really hard to talk to Norm because he gets really close to you and he some times spits when he talks. He also gets upset very easily when you disagree with him.
It takes patience to sit with Norm and listen. He is awkward some times.
He is not very love-able.
He is always interested in other peoples lives. He wants to know where you are from and how old you are. He likes to find out what bothers you and what you think about the weather.
If you don't show up one day he was worried about you and wondered where you were.
How do I love Norm? I think probably just sitting and listening to him means more to him than anything else.
I am wondering what the people at the cafe need more, treatment for their problems or love.
If I could love Norm like Jesus would, I wonder how his life would change.
I wonder how my life would change.
How do you love some one professionally? I don't know if that can work.

No comments: