Monday, July 28, 2008

Rain

What do homeless people do when it is raining and they have to walk everywhere?
I wondered this a few weeks ago, and today I found out!
They strip down to their bottoms and their undies and they wear trash bags. The men wear clear trash bags and the women wear your standard black.
They are pretty genius.
Rain complicates everything because it ruins their place to sleep, their travel and their work if they have any. You always see those poor souls on the side of the street getting drenched by mini tsunami's from cars driving by. This has been the talk of the cafe.
" How many times did you get soaked yesterday?" Joe asks.
" Twice, I beat the bast**ds yesterday. They can't soak me. I know how this thing works" says Frank.
" Yeah. I hate the rain"...
Its crazy how I think walking to my car in the rain is so annoying and those people have to walk for miles in the rain.
Today we also had a crazy moment. A guy came in from off the street, immediately walks into the cafe and starts cussing at every one.. during devotions. So of course immediately three guys stand up to defend Cory ( who is giving devotions) and I just sit and stare, deer in the head lights style and wait to see what happens. Cory jumped up and talked to the guy and he ended up getting some coffee and sticking around.
I have no clue how I would have handled that situation if I was the one giving devotions!

No comments: