Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Prayer in Closets

Today we started decorating our prayer closet.
There weren't that many in the people in the cafe today. I think that had a lot to do with the fact we didn't have any snacks.
The prayer closet is exciting. At previous cafe's that have been started with the Salvation Army there have been 24hr prayer rooms.
As we started to decorate we got one of the girls who has been coming to the cafe for some time to come over and help us decorate. At first she was hesitant but after a few minutes she got excited and looked like she was a little more comfortable.
I think the lady might be a lesbian and she gets a lot of flack about it out on the patio where she sleeps. She was a victim of hurricane Katrina and has been displaced ever since the storm hit.
There are a lot of frustrated people at the cafe.
One of the sweetest ladies has been going out every morning at four am. to try and get into the day labour pool but every day she comes back with no work. I wish I could find a job for her. She is the sweetest lady. I wonder what she thinks about Jesus too.
I don't know but its really frustrating for me to see some one who is trying so hard to do the right thing and she cant get ahead at all. Other people are working the system and abusing the gifts they have been given.
I hope people pray in our prayer closet.
It has stars in it!

No comments: